- Pour some Slurps into an empty food bowl between meals
- Or pour over your dog’s normal food. This is also a great way to stimulate fussy eaters into licking the bowl clean!Enjoy seeing your dog happy, healthy and hydrated! Remember to always have a bowl of water nearby as Slurps is a complementary beverage.
The Benefits of Fish Oils & Omega 3
Our fish oils have a very high Omega 3 (EPA & DHA = the good stuff) content compared to other pet foods. They come from small fish like anchovies and sardines which are packed with Omega 3 and a lot more sustainable than bigger fish which take longer to grow.
In case you were wondering, here’s a few things that Omega 3 is good for:
- Promotes a healthy skin and coat
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids can reduce skin inflammation caused by allergies, fleas, scratching etc. as well as improve the ‘shine’ of the coat.
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids can reduce cholesterol and triglycerides (fats) levels in the blood, which can help promote a healthy heart.
- It helps boost older pets’ immune systems
- Senior pets often have weaker immune systems and are much more prone to inflammation and infection
n.b. There doesn’t appear to be a guideline dose of EPA and DHA for dogs in the UK so we used the recommendation from The National Research Council in the USA. They have established a safe upper limit of EPA and DHA for dogs which works out to 20-55mg combined EPA and DHA per pound of body weight. We’ve translated that into Slurps by assuming two portions a day of our guideline amount.
Sources: PetSci.co.uk, www.healthypets.mercola.com, www.petmd.com, Dr Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats